Day 3 back at THQ, and I feel like I never left. Wait, scratch that, I feel a renewed sense of appreciation for what I'm doing. It's clear that I missed this while I was gone, and that I underestimated that. Life is a learning experience, but I learned that if you listen to it with a pure heart, you'll be where you belong. Things I love so far:
- Writing: I really missed this
- Twitter: I'm a force, and although Tank and Cory think they have the upper hand, no one dominates Twitter like the "People's Hammer."
- You guys: You motivate me every single day to represent you in the best way possible. It's a pleasure.
We released our DLC reveal #1 yesterday. Like always, I expected some backlash. You really can't win with these, but I never intend to. Never go into a fight expecting to win, when you already know that you can't. Not saying that this is a fight, though. Although, I'm sure that I'd like to fight that dude who told me to "die" this morning. What a moron. Have some perspective, brah!
Anyway, with the DLC there are a few things to note:
- This isn't all of the DLC that we're putting out, we're revealing more on Thursday
- Our Fan Axxess pass works much like last year's. If you bought last year's, you still have to purchase this year's though. There is no carry over
- The DLC is worked on past our final for the shipped game -- hence why they're DLC. We work with the WWE to get our roster. Our roster is comprised of Superstars/Divas and personalities we want that are current to programming, and Superstars/Divas/Legends and other personalities we want in RTWM. That's how the list is compiled
I hear all sorts of things on my twitter account (shameless @stephensonmc plug), but I can never understand the contradictions in some things that I read. For instance: "I'm not going to buy WWE '12 because of so and so not having the attire I wanted/or being on the roster." Ok...thanks for your feedback, but surely you must understand that your preference isn't going to determine what we do, right? When I say, "stand up and unite" I truly mean that. I want change just as much as you guys, but we can't do it alone. If you truly feel something with all of your heart and soul, impact others and voice your opinions together. Strength in numbers, everyone. Individuals do matter, but the reality is that we make a game for everyone. Anyway, I didn't even get to the second part that is funny about these comments. They usually say "I loved every single thing about the game until I heard that one thing." I don't mind you saying what you feel, but read what you're saying before you say it. How can I not think you're nuts? Ok, "nuts" was a harsh word. I don't think you're nuts, just not thinking clearly when you're speaking to me. Just as you analyze each word that I say, I have to do the same. After all, I'm helping you.
I got the WWE '12 build yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it. The difference really is phenomenal from last year to this year. Even the difference from when I left to now is incredible. I do want to answer all of the detailed questions you guys have, but I'm also trying to figure out an efficient way to do that. I need to have the time to do my daily duties, and answer as many Q's as I can. I hate that the FAQ dropped off after I left, because I fear that there is too much to catch-up on, but I guess that's just as much my fault as anyone's. I'm exploring a few ways (other than Twitter), for you guys to speak directly to me. I'll have more on that later.
For now, I'm just getting into the groove again, and I hope that you can be patient along with me, while I reset myself in this wild and crazy world that I love so much.