Friday, March 12, 2010

And so it Begins....

Today, Pastapadre.com announced that I've left EA to go to THQ to work on the WWE Smackdown vs Raw series.

I must say, this is a change that I'm extremely excited for, but life in this industry, on a corporate level, has been all EA SPORTS for me since I started -- so that will be a different feeling for sure. When I first got to EA, people knew me from my MaddenMania.com days and thought I was "in bed" with EA. Egg on your faces now right? ;)

Anyway, my wife and I are still in Vancouver, BC until March 19th, but I've been talking with the team at THQ about designs for WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, while coordinating the move to LA.

With all of this time off though (I put my two weeks in at EA two weeks ago), It's been a wrestlefest (no pun intended) of video games, dirt sheets, and DVDs that I own.

Two going away parties for us this weekend, but I must say that I'm ready to leave. Alot of it is because of the new job that awaits me, but the most important thing to me is moving to a new city with my wife -- it feels like an adventure!

I'm going to really sink my teeth into this role at THQ. If you're a fan of the series, let's take this thing to another level! If you're not a fan, get on board.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new gig.

    Allow me to be the first to lay siege to your blog and demand that you fulfill my every wish for the SVR series! :-)

    ---> http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/forums/topic/6079

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again. I tell you what bro, you are living my dream. ;) Moving to LA to work on a pro wrestling video game, life doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete