Sunday, March 14, 2010

On This Day in Wrestling History...

March 14th, 1984 -- The Iron Sheik defeated Chief Jay Strongbow

Speaking of the Iron Sheik, apparently, he had some problems on a recent flight...

From JR’s JRSBARBQ.com blog:
“Small world….an old friend of mine was on a flight from Vegas to Atlanta this week and was seated on the same row, row 10, with a reportedly rowdy Iron Sheik. My friend, who is not in the wrestling biz, sent me a few text messages describing the scene which apparently was a little wild. It’s hard to believe that when I first met the Iron Sheik that he was quiet, weighed about 195 pounds or so, had hair, and was then a regular traveling partier with Danny Hodge.”

This famous camel clutch against Bob Backlund is the first image that pops into my head when I think of the Iron Sheik:

No comments:

Post a Comment