Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mr. "I Take Wrestling Way Too Seriously"

Go to YouTube, type in "wrestling figures," and what's the first thing you see? Yeah, I thought so...

I was a huge fan of wrestling figures when I was a kid (probably would still purchase some). I had all of them (except the Nasty Boys). I'd stand up and pretend my eyes were the camera as I did a fly around the arena (aka my living room) while doing my best Gorilla Monsoon voice. I bought the WWE entrance theme CDs, and would play them whenever I'd have a wrestler come out from under my chair (poor man's titan tron). I remember the awkward pause in between getting my figure ready for the squared circle, and myself pressing the right track for the wrestler's entrance music. It was quite embarrassing in my 12 yr. old mind if I messed up and mistakingly selected The Rock's music for Stone Cold, but in the days of no iPod, that's what you did. It didn't matter though, it was practically real in my mind....

With that said, there's no excuse for putting your imagination on the net for everyone to see! Seriously? Seriously! What's up with this? Just watching this travesty of childhood imagination makes me feel like I got robbed as a child. To actually put together a video like this gives YOU, Mr. "Wrestling Figures Guy," the title of "Mr. I Take Wrestling Way Too Seriously" for this week.

The effort of this video (and there's plenty more, so this isn't a one-off) is depressing for everyone. Play a video game....

Because I like to contradict myself though, I'm going to follow one of these wrestling figure federations (TEFW) for Headlocks 4 Breakfast. I think they're having a PPV shortly (WTF!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment